Login malfunction is one of the most commonly faced issues which the users of QuickBooks Online come across, and there are various reasons because of which the users find themselves in such a position. This issue can occur when there are some glitches with your computer when the internet connection on your system is malfunctioning. The users can have a much clearer understanding of this issue by going through this entire blog. The users can also connect with the QuickBooks customer support number to be able to solve this issue at the earliest.
Additional Factors which cause QuickBooks Online Login Malfunction
There are some factors which result in the users facing Login Malfunction; these factors are mentioned below:
- When the users don’t properly sign out of their previous QuickBooks Online session
- When someone else has logged into QuickBooks Online from a different computer system or location using the same sign-in credentials.
- When the firewall or antivirus on the system is blocking the access.
Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Online Login Malfunction
The process which the users can take up in order to solve this issue is as mentioned below:
- The users would have to log in from an alternative browser.
- It is also suggested that the users try signing using incognito mode and check whether it works.
- The users can also try and remove the history from their browser.
- Signing in as a different or new user would also make a difference.
- Now you would have to shut down the computer and the wireless internet router or DSL modem and wait for a few minutes. Then restart both the devices and wait till the lights are stable and bold.
Advanced methods to resolve QuickBooks login problems
If the users are unable to solve the issue using the above-given steps, then they can take up more advanced solutions to try and resolve this issue:
Solution 1: Check the SSL settings of your Browser
For Internet Explorer
- The users would have to press Windows+R key and then using the keyboard type ‘inetcpl.cpl.’
- Then open the Advanced Tab and scroll to the security option available on the screen.
- Now you would have to mark both SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 by having a checkmark against their box.
- Finally, open the browser and sign in at https://qbo.intuit.com
For Mozilla Firefox
- Access Mozilla Firefox and then go to the Tools option.
- Now you would have to choose the option of Advanced Icon.
- Further, put a checkmark on both SSL 3.0 and TLS 1.0.
- Once you have made the necessary changes, reopen Firefox and then sign into http://qbo.intuit.com.
If you are unable to solve the issue with QuickBooks Online login using the steps given above, then you can connect with QuickBooks contact number. This service is available on a 24-hour basis and can be accessed free of cost using the toll-free number. The professionals at this service would look into the issue that you are facing and solve it at the earliest.